Model 12 to Alesis SR-16 MIDI

patlogsdon

Gear owned
Model 12
I have never used midi for anything. I just want to sync my drum machine with the click so I can expand and edit my drums. I write on the fly then clean it up. Both machines are brand new and the learning curve is slowing my roll. I can't even seem to get the click to come out of the headphones. I did record a simple blues thing that sounds great but now I can't go back and add to the drum track. I hope that syncing the Model 12 click to the Alesis will prevent this on future tracks.
Thanks in advance!!!

I am very sure the Alesis will synch start when you hit the play button on the Model 12. I have both and this works for sure. So if you want to record several tracks of drums (let’s different beats or hits but all at same tempo) they will all stay lined up. Just plug a midi cable from the out on the M12 to the in on the drum machine.

Also I am pretty sure when set this way Alesis will “slave” to the click’s fixed tempoat least at the start of a recording. There is a setting in the Alesis to make sure it slaves (look up manual on line).

Reactions: Tony Friel
Thanks Jschmo! I did all the slave master stuff last night burning through the books and gave up. I decided I never had MIDI before I'll just do without. I set my work station, cranked the headphones, cracked my knuckles and prepared for my live pad beating session. Then I pressed record. BOOM! I had it right the whole time! It doesn't start until your "rolling tape". Thank you for your help. I'm sure I'll need some more before long!!!

Yep!!! That’s my experience too.

I always find that if I think about any Tascam equipment as if it was an old school tape machine, then the operations all just falls into place and makes sense. That’s their roots.

And that is why I loves my Tascams.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.