Model 12 USB Interface - Unable to Send Mic to PC (Zoom, Discord)

Nick Dennis

Gear owned
Model 12
Tascam Experts,

I'm new to the Tascam family but not new to USB Interfaces. In the past, I've successfully used Behringer and Yamaha 8/10 /12 channel mixer/interfaces without so much as a 5-minute setup and config. Sure, I had to send everything through an EQ or post-processing solution to get the sound I wanted, but it was a simple setup.

I also know that Tascam is in a class by itself, and I don't expect a 5-minute setup.

I have read through nearly 20 pages of posts going back to 2020. I have looked through the manual several times. For the life of me, I cannot get my Mic input to send back to the PC to be picked up using Windows 11 software such as Discord, Zoom, In-Game VOIP, etc.

Firmware = 1.30.0088
Software Ver = 1.20.0016

Tascam Mixer / Drivers installed fine and both Model 12 show up as devices for Windows Output and Input.
I tried to apply what was mentioned in this post without success: https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/model-12-windows-driver-flaw-sound-in-out-frustration.9035/

Am I trying to do something with the Model 12 that it is not designed to do? Do I need additional drivers to get this to work correctly?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thank You!

There are a few possible solution

1. AUX send
If you have a computer that has a line in (usually light blue colour), you can send your microphone signal via one of the Aux output to the line in and then to any of VOIP program. This way your friends wont be hearing your game audio or themselves. You will be getting the audio via the Main or Sub.

2. Use Voicemeeter Banana. Its a bit more simple to setup and stable to use than ASIO Link Pro. In this setup you are able to route the game audio and discord audio to separate faders.

@mrshowboat Thank you for this video reference. I installed the Banana software, and this solved my issue perfectly!

Thank you for your quick response.

Reactions: mrshowboat
Hello @Nick Dennis, I am running a pretty similar setup but with ASIO link pro.

Does your setup allow post fader control (game sound level from fader for example). If It does I might consider giving another shot to voice banna as ASIO Link pro does not provide this without a 'hack'.

Xeno

New threads

Members online