Model 24 - Re-Generating a Tascam_m.sys File

David T

Gear owned
2488Neo, Model 24
I've searched the forum to no avail so I will post this question here. I made a recording and the data files are all there on the SD card, but the tascam_m.sys file was accidentally deleted, so the unit shows no song data when trying to retrieve from the card.

My question is, is it possible to recreate a .sys file (tascam_m.sys) from the data on an SD card so that I can retrieve my songs?

Look forward to hearing if there is a way to repair that.

But perhaps you could just recreate your song anew by importing ...?

Storage Mode via USB link:
-copy the WAV files for the corrupt song tracks from the SD card MTR folder on to PC
-rename the track files some slight way that helps you identify them
- place the renamed files in the MUSIC folder of your SD card

Back on the Model 24:
-create a new song
-import each WAV file back into the new song project one track at a time by using MTR/track edit/import feature

shouldn’t be too bad..? Let us know?

@David T, if you accidentally deleted the file and didn't record anything new on the same SD card, chances are that you can retrieve the original file. This because the usual deleting of files is only removing the file's entry in the card's TOC (table of content) and the file itself is untouched.

I've done this many times in the past, but don't know any current tools to do this. Do a Google search for File or Data Recovery Software. Good luck!

Reactions: Freebird and -mjk-
Thanks for the replies. JSchmo_Bass's reply above worked and that was to import the tracks back into the Model 24 from a computer using the USB connection. You have to import each track individually, but that was a small price to pay.

Great job guys. Thanks again.

Occasionally we run into issues with the DP machines and have to re-import files into a new song.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.