Model Mixer Panel Not Detecting Unit

Jersild83

Gear owned
Tascam Model 16
Hi there,

Model 16 owner here. When connecting my unit to my iMac (Mojave 10.14) in storage mode, I'm able to see the contents and transfer files to and from the unit without issue - but I can't seem to get my Mac to recognize the unit otherwise (as an audio input / output device). I installed the Model Mixer Settings Panel from the Tascam site, which installed without an issue, but it doesn't show me any information about my Model 16 as if it's not connected and my DAW doesn't see it either. Any ideas? The manual isn't very helpful and there aren't really any guides that touch specifically on this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.15.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.15.13 PM.png
    194 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 3.22.24 PM.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
I am Apple clueless, but I believe you have to install the ASIO audio drivers.

No apple user here. I am not sure, but hasn't apple CoreAudio? I'm not sure, if I ever saw an apple user with ASIO, at all, but then again...

Reactions: -mjk-
@snafu I will defer to your superior knowledge and experience in this matter!

The answer may lie with the order in which the gear is powered up.

Reactions: snafu
I am still struggling with this. I've reinstalled the driver several times and tried everything I can possibly can. Can't seem to find any resources online to help either... Not quite sure where to go from here.

As far as I can see from the Tascam website, Mojave is one of the supported OS. Also CoreAudio is suggested for Mac.
a) how did you connect the Model 16 to your Mac?
b) Did you recently install any new firm-/software for the Model 16?

c) - this one I am not sure about - CoreAudio. AFAIK it's standard for Macs; so generally, speaking for PC, your ASIO will come with the soft-/hardware you buy. I am not sure how this works for Mac. But if there is any chance that CoreAudio can or must be upgraded, I'd definitively have a look into this, too.

I've reinstalled the driver several times and tried everything I can possibly can.
To which driver are you referring explicitly?
Maybe it's less an issue of the driver - more of the connection.

I did not have a look into the M16-manual; so, there might be a chance you'll have to setup something on behalf of the Model16 to finalize connectivity.

Here are a few more things, you might want to check:

a) Connection
Are you connecting directly to your Mac (USB 2.0, no hub, straight to the USB port)?

Do you operate in storage mode? (Is your M16 in storage mode while using the Mac?)

b) Download: https://tascam.de/downloads/Model+16 for device driver (should work with US site as well...)
Double click on the file labeled Tascam_ModelMixer_Installer_x.xx.dmg (x.xx being the version number)

If these were the steps you did follow, contact Tascam support. Following these steps it should work on the getgo.

New threads

Members online