MU-1624 calibration help?

iamrick

Gear owned
m-1600, mu-1624, various
I have a m-1600 with mu-1624 meter bridge. trouble is, when low freq bass tones hit any channel, all channels on the bridge show at least one bar active.

I have a couple of questions: Is this legit crosstalk happening? If so, how can I fix it?
If it is simply that the bridge is too sensitive, does anyone have a calibration manual, or some technique I can use to calibrate?

I have had that happen in a M2425 mixer and I found besides all the cross bar interconnects inside the unit needed proper soldering that the Power supply ground pin was a broken solder joint. After I corrected all the soldering on the Power supply which I removed and took down to my bench, I corrected it with a Weller WES51 and Kester 44 solder. My joints will never break. It is not a cross talk but a bad ground reference I would say- can not be entirely correct until the item is looked at and the problem found.

Reactions: -mjk-
Look at power suppy ground solder joints as this was caused it in a mixer I worked on. It went away after I resoldered the power supply with Kester 44. The solder they used sometimes looked like slag as it was a too rich mixture with tin. They make lots of mistakes that you never know about but you will hear about it from some Technicians.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.