MU-1624 calibration help?

iamrick

Gear owned
m-1600, mu-1624, various
I have a m-1600 with mu-1624 meter bridge. trouble is, when low freq bass tones hit any channel, all channels on the bridge show at least one bar active.

I have a couple of questions: Is this legit crosstalk happening? If so, how can I fix it?
If it is simply that the bridge is too sensitive, does anyone have a calibration manual, or some technique I can use to calibrate?

I have had that happen in a M2425 mixer and I found besides all the cross bar interconnects inside the unit needed proper soldering that the Power supply ground pin was a broken solder joint. After I corrected all the soldering on the Power supply which I removed and took down to my bench, I corrected it with a Weller WES51 and Kester 44 solder. My joints will never break. It is not a cross talk but a bad ground reference I would say- can not be entirely correct until the item is looked at and the problem found.

Reactions: -mjk-
Look at power suppy ground solder joints as this was caused it in a mixer I worked on. It went away after I resoldered the power supply with Kester 44. The solder they used sometimes looked like slag as it was a too rich mixture with tin. They make lots of mistakes that you never know about but you will hear about it from some Technicians.

New threads

Members online