timmdrumm

From
Kansas, USA
Website
www.timmbiery.com
Gear owned
DM 4800 DM 3200 MX2424s
Hello Tascam Forum Friends,

Due to more and more of the projects I work on having increasing track counts, the time has come for me to part with my beloved MX 2424s. Before posting them in various other locations, I wanted to give my fellow 2424 users here the first opportunity to put them to good use.

I have TWO 2424s:

Machine 1 is in perfect operating condition, has the larger RAM, a removable drive caddy (which I've never used), and analog I/O (functioning at time of last use), and the ADAT digital I/O card. The power supply has never been a problem with this unit in the 4 years I've had it. There are NO internal drives installed. I've always used external drives with this machine.

Machine 2 developed an issue a few months back (1st 4 meters remain lit on boot up and the machine is frozen). I tried flashing the OS, but that didn't help, so it's in need of repair. It has the original size RAM, an analog I/O, which is also in need of a repair ($90.00 quoted from both Tascam and the local repair shop here in Nashville), and the TDIF digital I/O card. The power supply was repaired 6 or 7 years ago and has worked flawlessly ever since. There are NO internal drives in this machine. Since the power supply repair, I've always used external drives with this machine.

BOTH machines have upgraded fans that run much quieter than the originals.

I also have SEVERAL SCSI drives in various sizes, 7 AVID single SCSI drive enclosures, 3 other SCSI drive enclosures, interconnect cabling to run multiple SCSI enclosures per machines, a pair of 12 meter SCSI cables that will enable you to place the hard drives well away from your machines (makes things a lot quieter in the control room!), and a multitude of other cables, including 3 custom made DB25 to XLR snakes, 8 channels I/O each (actually made to connect 3 DA88s to a balanced console, but I've used them with the 2424s before and they worked).

ALSO: I have a couple Adaptec 29160 SCSI cards to enable fast backups/restores and drive formatting on your computer.

I don't have a firm price in mind, so PM me if you're interested and let's talk. Will sell separately or as a bundle. If you're in the Nashville area, we can arrange pickup and save on shipping.

Cheers,

Timm

Last edited:
Do you have a flash card for sale -

Sorry, but it's only going with the machine(s).

Thanks.

If you mean does it have analog i/o, yes, it does. I'm in a holding pattern on selling that one now. relocated right after I posted the machines here and have only just started to convert projects I need to archive before letting it go.

Forgot to delete this post. Will do so tomorrow.I'll repost when I'm ready to let them go. And as the listing says, I have LOTS of peripheral gear that's becoming difficult to find these days; drives, cabling, etc.

Machines have the modules, would not sell separately.

No

got anything left like an external hd? thats how I ran mine too the power supply was a little underpowered but with externals no issues at all. I got rid of mine years ago, just bought another one and need to set up an external also looking for an old smart card. I heard some guys got larger smart cards to work no issues. I wonder how big they went with them.

Hey Caveman,

Yes, I still have several SCSI drives in varying sizes from 8 to 36GB. Enclosures as well.

I have a smart card, but I'm not sure it's any good. ant to keep it to go with the machine(s) if I sell those as well.

Been so busy I forgot to delete this post - glad you found it.

Let me know if you're interested.

I'm very interested in a 36 external

New threads

Members online