timmdrumm

From
Kansas, USA
Website
www.timmbiery.com
Gear owned
DM 4800 DM 3200 MX2424s
Hello Everyone,

The nature of my current work has forced me to move away from my beloved MX2424s and work in the box. That said, I do have a couple projects still going on the 2424s and today one of them has developed the dreaded "meters light and stay on during power up/dead machine" issue.

In another thread, I read where someone had taken it to a repair shop and was told the mobo had gone bad. Hoping that's not the case here, I've tried reinstalling the MXOS (no go), and checking SCSI pins for any issues (again, nothing wrong). Haven't pulled the battery yet, but that will happen later today.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone might have other suggestions I've not thought of.

Will update thread with what I discover.

Cheers,

Timm

No Alan, I haven't. Had to move on to working today. I will look into that, however. The PSU was professionally replaced here in Nashville about 6 years ago and the machine doesn't have a lot of hours on it since then. It has been sitting idle all summer, so that might have something to do with this, although it's sat idle previously for extended periods and worked fine on power up.

This is the older of my 2 machines; I've had it for close to 12 years now, so perhaps it's just getting a bit long in the tooth.

I'll update the thread when i get some answers, though I may have to put it off while I move into other work for now.

Thanks, as always, for your insight!

Cheers,

Timm

The power supply was a complete guess, yes the MX's are getting on in age now, my main machine was bought only a year after release, my second machine (which I bought second hand and is actually older) is just a backup really.

If the machines fail at some stage I may buy a secondhand x-48 as the MX projects apparently open on an X-48. But I love the MX.

Alan.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.