MX2424 RAM anyone Please

AudioPete

I need a stick of RAM for a unit I am servicing. Anyone know where I could find one?

Thank you.

eBay if somebody doesn’t come round with more complete info I’ll rip top off mine pull the ram take a good look at it. I think it’s pc133 256mb but I’ll ck later unless somebody chimes in.

Thank you very much. If I find out the type then it should be easy to find on ebay.

mine looks to be toshiba A55201 indicating pc133 256mb ram the number is register or ram model of individual chips not entire ram model number. it looks just like the pc133's I should probably pick up a couple as i pulled it without being grounded and bare hands with oil salt sweat and hot pepper juice lol

get 168 pin one with the 3 divided sockets https://www.ebay.com/itm/174004116079?hash=item2883741a6f:g:jMsAAOSwqPFdXLS7

I just ordered 2 jic ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioPete
Thx Caveman. I ordered up a couple sticks from a couple different sellers. I'll post my results. They were less than $10 ea.

I am sure that the ram is IBM 256 is the largest you can used and is the recommended size. The mx came originally with128 but it’s not big enough when using later versions of the operating system. if I get a chance I’ll have a look in one of my mx’s

Cheers
Alan

Just to add that if incorrect model of
Ram is used the mx will not see it

Oops I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear that you would want the 256mb ram instead of the 128. I mentioned 256 plus link takes you to 256 but I wasn’t clear on it. Good thing Alan showed up. :) The two ram strips I bought work great I doubt I’ll ever need them but jic I got em :)

Hi tried the 4 sticks of RAM and the 3 sticks that were double sided chips appear to be working. The motherboard lights look like they cycle properly to green. I can't tell if the unit boots because I just discovered it was sent to me with no system drive in it. Now I wait for a sys drive from the owner. A fourth stick was single sided with twice as big memory chips, but needs to be double sided because it would not go green.

I'll update when I get the sys drive.

Thanks everyone.

The mx does not need to have a hard drive installed to boot. The operating system is installed on a chip within the mother board. If the is no operating system the internal battery may have gone flat and the os my need to be installed again.

Cheers
Alan

I checked and the battery is fine. Now I don't know if the OS is gone or the RAM is not compatible. I don't know if this machine was booting before. I'll have to get more info from the owner.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.