MxView with Windows 10 Home - close but no cigars - yet

English Billy1

Gear owned
mx-2424
Hi I have mxView working on a Windows 10 laptop and ethernet connexion via crossover cable to my mx2424.. The mxView definately sees my mx because in the [network] window it shows all the info ie: i.p. address, online/offline status (toggles succesfully) , the mx i.d. number etc, etc.. BUT when I try to open the edit window - the main window, it opens briefly with the advice ''connection pending'' before failing with a ''Connection Failed'' msg.. I tried opening the edit window by both double-clicking the icon and selecting the machine (only one mx connected) which the line greys as I think it should, then using File: Edit... I get the same failure either way..
I was surprised that mxView seemed to 'auto recognise' my mx2424 and I have not entered any i.p. address manually.
I'm stuck now and just want to edit and make some new music!! The mx appears fully functional, I have recorded onto it and played back - and when I change the project on the mx front panel it shows the new project name in the mxView Network window... Argh!!!

Can anyone please walk me thru the complete process as I'm obviously less computer savvy than most youngsters today ? I feel I am close but it's left me scratching my head once again...

New threads

Members online