My new song with help of Airgigs and BandLab

@Slugworth no, don't make a lot of work for yourself and don't worry about it at all. Going forward, you can just make a new thread for each song. In any given thread you can post revisions of the same song so we're listening to and discussing one song per thread. That will make it much easier to compare versions. And the number of versions don't matter. The thread can be as long as you want. :)

At this point I am not sure if I will need a revision and I currently don't have any suggestions for a change because already like where it's at.

Excellent.

Maybe create new topics for the songs that are still 'under construction' and the ones to come? I would leave this topic the way it is, no need to delete or change it IMO..

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice @-mjk-'s additional post - spot on.

Reactions: -mjk-
Expanding somewhat on what @Arjan P said above, there is nothing that prevents the OP from adding to the same topic (i.e. thread) with a large header at the top of a post about a new version, e.g.:

[Song Name] Version 2

We all get the idea.

On this one I suggested to him that instead of walking off at the end of the video. He should throw his sticks at the front camera, turn to the side camera and shoot double birds.
I'm a bit dissapointed in him :LOL:.

Check out his kick drum pedal work.
Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I am still waiting for Elise's final (option to revise) tracks. Look Around will be the last song I will include in this thread and I will start new individidual threads for new songs. I used the previous vocal track she sent with the low instrumental level compared to her vocal level to create an equal mix on Bandlab. I added some effects to her vocals too.

Look Around (Bandlab rough mix)

After listening to it several times over a couple days I asked her to make two changes
1) at the end of the song the very last phrase of "that life's about" I asked her try it in an extended descending pitch, Why? because in this version it reminds of how a commercial jingle ends. Though, I do appreciate her thought to lead up to it ending in a high pitch (and I may still leave it this way).
2) on the phrase "wading in the past is not what we should do" That is tough one to fit . I asked her to please find a way by either starting it a bit earlier or change to a quicker cadence to lessen it's distraction. I also gave her the option to fit her own lyrics in that spot if it doesn't change the significance of that phrase. I tried myself but couldn't do it.

I would love to hear what Laura could do on this one. Her responses are getting slower lately.
I feel like I'm cheating on my musical wife (Laura) with a musical mistress (Elise).
But they are both musical ladies of the recording studio and I am just another musical renter. Lol.

Last edited:
I don't think any of the professional musicians, male or female, hired back in the day for tracking sessions at my recording studio would have appreciated being called musical prostitutes, even in jest.

It perhaps could be considered as a cutting comment, if I was serious. I'm not. You laughed a bit inside, even if just a wee bit, yes?

I edited my previous post.

Last edited:
I understood what you mean Nick. Personally I wouldn't have put it that way but it's a matter of taste. I appreciate your humility demonstrated by editing the post. Thanks.

Nick, I've noticed that none of these mixes are properly "topped" that is, they all contain the count-in and they are not well trimmed. Small details that really matter.

Sometimes my jack-assery works for me and sometimes it doesn't. I knew when I originally wrote it that it could be potentially seen as offensive.

Laura responded on Aigigs last night. She confirmed she's moving to Costa Rica within a couple of weeks and from the way it sounds our little run of songs is likely over with the exception of one more she is going to try to fit in this week. I told her that I have a fun, uptempo number lined up that I'm hoping Ivan will lend a small backing vocal part to.

MJ, on a couple I told Mariano to leave in the count on two songs + one stool swivel sound on Me Time. I always liked when bands left in the extras. "We got to get this airplane off" "Nah, leave it yet"

Bandlab link: Look Around 12/27/23

Elise recently sent me her new track. The two changes I asked for in her revision is
1) at the end of the song the very last phrase of "that life's about" I asked her try it in an extended descending pitch.
2) on the phrase "wading in the past is not what we should do" That is tough one to fit .
please find a way by either starting it a bit earlier or change to a quicker cadence to lessen it's distraction.

I think she did a great job of addressing both requests. This song is completed!

MJ, on a couple I told Mariano to leave in the count on two songs + one stool swivel sound on Me Time. I always liked when bands left in the extras. "We got to get this airplane off" "Nah, leave it yet"

I understand that. When every song does it, it's not an "extra" anymore - it's a feature.

True. I'll have to pay more attention to it on future songs. I can ask M to edit them off if need be. He did ask me about the stool sound and I told him to leave that one on. I noticed Ivan removed it for his drumming video.

In Mastering it's called "topping and tailing." If it's not done in the mix, the Mastering engineer can take care of it.

I'm not nitpicking - I'm trying to help. When an established, professional band does that, it's very occasional and clearly intended. When a new band comes along and does that on every song, it makes them appear to not know what they are doing. We have to deal from strength, not weakness.

Okay. I'll listen to them all again and see which ones need it edited out. However, no one's touching that sumbitchin' drummer stool noise..that noise stays! lol

New threads

Staff online

Members online