My return window has closed

Felonious Punk

Veteran
Gear owned
DP-24sd
So,.....you're stuck with me!

Thanks for the help folks! Without this forum and Phil's videos I might have sent it back!

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Behringer Virtualizer 3D FX2000 Multi-Effects Processor to keep permanently attached to FX send 1 but they aren't available anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer?

FP

Reactions: DJ X and -mjk-
@Felonious Punk I don't know where you're located, but Thomann in Germany still has it on stock: https://www.thomann.de/nl/behringer_fx_2000.htm

I have a few Behringer products; a headphone amp, a cable tester and an omni measurement mic. It's pretty good for its money IMO, but I'm not a fan of their businees model..

I was afraid they were discontinuing it. The shipping from Thomann may be prohibitive. I will check it out for sure. I have Sweetwater "notifying" when it is back in stock. They have a good price.

Thanks for your input of the unit, @Arjan P. That puts my mind at ease a bit. Have you tried the compressors on the Behringer?

FP

Last edited:
If Thomann sets up a stateside supply chain with reasonable shipping I will buy all the time. 41 bucks to ship that unit to the states. No can do.

FP

Thanks for your input of the unit, @Arjan P. That puts my mind at ease a bit. Have you tried the compressors on the Behringer?
No, I think you misread - I don't own this particular FX2000, I was just giving my opinion on the general quality of Behringer..

Reactions: Felonious Punk
My free 16 GB SD card arrived today so I am definitely fully entrenched now :).

Also, I did end up getting one of the Behringer FX2000 Virtualizer Pro multi effects that I discussed earlier in this thread. I have that always in place on EFFECT SEND 1 and I have Reaper always in place on EFFECT SEND 2. Coupled with the internal effects, that covers all of my effect needs for home...for now.

FP

I'd really like to have a good software drum looper hooked up to my DP-24. I have a Roland TR-707 which is very useful but instruments are very limited. I have SONAR (now BandLab) which has tons of kits and percussion hits and loops. I like to build percussion layers. Any recommendations? (stealing Punk's posts again! Sorry, Punk) I've used Acid before.

Hey, thornev! I use Addictive Drums 2. I have also used some loops from Drums on Demand.

Addictive Drums is midi. Drums on Demand are WAV files. They both work the same for me. I can build an entire song (or just loop a beat) in Reaper (or any DAW) and then render to a WAV file to import to my DP-24sd via Audio Depot.

I would probably build some beats in SONAR and export them vis Audio Depot

Is Acid a DAW?

FP

I'd really like to have a good software drum looper hooked up to my DP-24. I have a Roland TR-707 which is very useful but instruments are very limited. I have SONAR (now BandLab) which has tons of kits and percussion hits and loops. I like to build percussion layers. Any recommendations? (stealing Punk's posts again! Sorry, Punk) I've used Acid before.

EZDrummer 2

It is pretty much the standard by now. Simple, intuitive, and expansion packs as far as the eye can see.

Reactions: Felonious Punk

New threads

Members online