Need help with effects

Discussion in '2488 and DP-24/32 Digital Portastudios' started by darcy, Nov 17, 2019.

1. darcy

darcy New Member

Gear:
    many
    Let’s say for example I have four tracks recorded onto my tascam 32 unit.

I want track 1 to have compression, track 2, compression (different settings) and track 4 reverb?

How is the best way to go about this? It seems every time I add an effects to another track, it takes the effect off (as in it plays with no effects )the previous track that I applied an effects process to it. I’d like to apply different effects to all three channels... thanks

Tips and help would be great.. thanks
  2. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Well-Known Member

Southern USA
    Gear:
    DP-24, vintage 40-4
    As I suggested in the last paragraph of my response to your other thread, everything you'll likely need to know can be found in the video tutorials (e.g. 4 & 5 in this case), and the searchable Production, Equipment, and Effects TIPS stickies.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    @darcy with the limited number of available FX, you either have to record the tracks with dynamics and FX, or you have to do a bounce and add them.

Which is why there are sticky posts at the top of the forum specifically designed to collect all these tips into a single knowledge base. A simple search on "effects" will return all posts containing that keyword. Be sure to click on "site results".