Neo 2488 - remastering with another setting

Strangermike

Gear owned
Tascam Neo 2488
Hello,
I am having a situation where I think I am doing something wrong when mastering or trying to re-mastering a mix down.

After I mix down a song, and then I master it using a preset setting like Basic, if I have already hit 'Record & Play' to apply that master preset, can I change or try a different Master setting like Rock 1? If so how do I get back to the original Mix-down version prior to any Master settings?

The reason I ask is, when I apply a new Master preset, it almost sounds like it is trying to Master the already Mastered version . Like I am trying to apply a Rock 1 master setting to a Master that already has the Basic master setting on it.

If I hit Undo, I can see the different levels of Mastering, but I don't see the original 'Mix down' version available to go back to.

So do I need to remix the song, then apply the new master setting?
Thanks!

Strangemike,

Here's one way that might work, I use the DP-32, so I'm pretty sure your Neo works in the same manner, and that is, connect your unit to a computer, go into the song folder, where all of your songs are collected and stored, in the songs folder you should see your current song, and in your current song's folder you'll see either one or two "wav" files, one for the mixdown, and one for the master, simply delete both of them or better yet copy them to your computer, rename them by date so as not to get confused, then delete them from its song folder, now you can go back into the Neo and record a new mixdown, and subsequently a new master, hope this helps.

Jimi Jones

Thanks for your reply Jimi,
Recording a new mix down, isn't really the issue. Actually I am trying to find a way to use the same (original) mixdown, prior to the first master preset being applied, so I can use a different preset Master setting. If re-mixing the song down is the only way, I can live with that, but it seems somewhere the original mixdown may be floating around somewhere. Thanks

Strangemike,

Ok, then all you will need to do is look inside the song folder, and locate two "wav" files, again one for the "Mixdown" and the other for the "Master", now simply listen or check the date and time of each file to determine which one is the "Mixdown file" and which one is the "Master file", bada bing bada boom bada bam...there you go.

Jimi Jones

New threads

Members online

No members online now.