Neo to REAPER question

Noto

Gear owned
DP32SD, 2488 Neo, 38 Reel
I'm recording on my 2488 Neo and importing the wavs into my PC to edit in REAPER and then I bring my files to a local studio who also has REAPER for mastering.
What should my REAPER Audio Device Settings be?
I currently am using WAVOUT with Microsoft Sound Mapper.

Also, does my sound card affect what I am processing on my computer?

Thanks

Last edited:
That question would be better if asked on the Reaper support forums, since Reaper has no connection with Tascam.

That being said, you use whatever audio device you are monitoring with. You are using Reaper for editing so all you need is to be able to hear the Master bus, I presume. When you are done, you have the choice of either rendering all the tracks individually (for mixing in the studio) or rendering your Mix if you are mxing it yourself in Reaper.

Thank you for the reply. Can my computer's sound card degrade the sound at all while I am editing, EQ-ing prior to rendering?

I realize that Tascam is not affliated with REAPER but some people here may be using the same method

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Yes, in fact, I record my tracks in the DP-32 because it works like an old-school multitrack recorder with real buttons that I use without a computer. Then I export tracks into Reaper and mix on a digital console with automation.

As for degrading the sound, yes, it's possible. However, you are not actually processing audio through the card - it's just the playback device. It really shouldn't color the sound though. You're more likely to have issues with room treatment and monitors than the soundcard.

Thank you mjk for your reply. I had received misinformation from a salesman at a music store so I was concerned.
I've been reading about this today and now I understand that (using the wavs from the Tascam) the REAPER Audio Device Setting are just for the speaker playback and that the sound card does not alter the digital data.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.