New DR-40 must press power on twice to turn on!

Christian Buntrock

Gear owned
DR-40
Hi everyone,

I just received my second TASCAM device, a new DR-40.
A already have a DR-05 and I was very happy with that device. However, I now also ordered a new DR-04 and I put the batteries inside and tried to turn on. It was not turning on even after pressing the power on button and holding down for 3 or even more seconds.

BUT: The second try worked normally!!

This is really strange: After the device has been off for a few seconds or minutes (I don't know how long exactly), I always need to press the button twice. Just one time short, and then the normal longer one until it is turning on.

Is that normal??? Or do I have a defect device?

Thanks!
Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,

It's been over a year since you posted this. I wanted to know if you still need to press the power button twice to turn the device on.

I bought a DR-05 and after a few days, it only turns on with the USB cable. I bought new batteries but there's no way to make it turn on. What's really strange is that when I turn it off and disconnect the USB cable, I'm able to turn it on using the batteries, but after some minutes, if I turn if off, I can't turn it on again.

Have you ever had a problem like this?

Thanks!

Mine does the same thing. Have to push twice to turn on. Thought it was just a funky connection, but others have reported the same thing.

Same here, is this a defect? or a new firmware can fix this?

DR-40 owner here since the beginning of the year. The unit came with the 2.11 firmware. I've never had that issue with a double tap on a power up.

I thought maybe I was in a coma and missed those updates, but I re-read the v2.40 release notes and they don't mention much in the way of changes except some language features so now I remember that I ignored them - i.e., no coma :) I'm a "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" kind of person.

The European Tascam site keeps a much better library of files than the North American site. http://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/DR-40

So I could put in v2.40 out of curiosity because that site provides the firmware for v2.11 if I want to revert to what I had for any reason. But if that's why you other fellows are requiring a double push to power on, I'll stick with v2.11.

me too, my tascam dr-40 have 2.40 firmware and
must press power on twice to turn on

New threads

Members online

No members online now.