New Here Model 24

Jimmy_James

From
Albuquerque
Gear owned
Model 24
Introduction of myself, you can skip if needed:
"Howdy all. I got a Model 24 a month ago. I started doing home recording over a decade ago. I used mainly Focusrite for the last 8 years. I have been a gigging musician for over 20 years. I am mainly a classic rock, blues, country, and southern rock guy. I have a few Gibson guitars and a Few G&L guitars.
The vibe of having a console really spoke to me and Tascam made it affordable for me."
Currently, I can now do everything that I could with my Focusrite gear. I do not fully understand why some of the things work the way they do yet. But I can record folks just the same as before. That was my first main goal."

++++++++++++++++
NOW, I would like to try my hand at a mix from the console. I have already realized that there is more than 1 way to do things with the Model 24, and folks all use it in different ways. So I have found that the toughest thing to figure out is, what exactly I want it to do. So here goes:

******I want to take a mix I have done in Reaper, and finalize the mix on my console.****** So I ask, what is the best way to go about this. Does anyone have a video link for doing exactly this? Thank you so much for your time.

Reactions: -mjk-
Welcome.
I would like to try my hand at a mix from the console...I want to take a mix I have done in Reaper, and finalize the mix on my console...
Do you mean you've tracked it in Reaper, and want to mix it using the Model 24? Or do mean something else?

...what is the best way to go about this.
"Best" is highly subjective. The answer is :"It depends..."

...a video link for doing exactly this...
I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one working with a Reaper+Model 12/16/24 combo, but would the DAW used really make a significant difference to the overall process?

I don't own one of these FOH mixers, so can only suggest...

(a) Looking in the two Sticky Section video threads:

Forums > TASCAM Digital Equipment > Model 24/16/12 >

Here:
Tutorial and Informational Videos For Model 24/16/12 (curated)
(The Sweetwater video describes mixing down from a DAW in the second half, but IMO, the whole video is worth watching. There are others in that sticky thread that address mixdowns).

And here:
User Videos-Instructional... (not curated)

(b) Try a forum search using "Reaper" as the search term.

Last edited:
"Do you mean you've tracked it in Reaper, and want to mix it using the Model 24? Or do mean something else?"

Yes. I want to take a session from Reaper and mix it in the model 24

thanks -mjk-, hopefully this is what I am looking for. I will check it out. Thank you for your time and help.

New threads

Members online