New Mac OS Mojave

Yes. I have everything backed up. I Get Logic Pro x files playing back into my Tascam DM4800. I just can’t get the audio to record in Logic. The meters are moving on the Tascam.

Ahh, so you are coming in to Logic Pro X via the TASCAM DM-4800 FW card.
Hmmm, that should be fine.

I may want to try the driver with High Sierra, just for fun (bit of a pain perhaps though).

If I were not so busy with other stuff at the moment, I'd play along in order to see what results I could get.

You did not mention (that I saw?) what computer you are on. Is it indeed a Mac Pro tower, or something else?

Not sure that it matters, but FW ports / hardware can be finicky, especially if there may be adapters involved. (400 > 800, etc.)

I’m running a Mac mini. It worked perfect with High Sierra. Just can’t get audio from the DM 4800 into Logic.
The Mac mini is a late 2012 version. 2.3 GHz intel core i7, 16 GB ram.

Cool, always wanted to play with a mini, but one never came my way (yet?).

That sucks, quite frankly, and why I (many of us?) have a love / hate relationships with Apple.

Moving up one OS rank should not break things, but that's the nature (at times) of the Mac World.

I'd say that unless you have a truly compelling reason to run Mojave (I've found none for myself & actually find Mo-heavy to be, umm, clunky & heavy / slower with older hardware), then I'd say just stay with High Sierra and be happy for it.

Heck, I'm still on Mavericks for my main, heavy lifting audio machine hard drive & love the (relative) stability. I've got both Logic Pro 9 & Logic Pro X living & running peacefully together on the one drive / OS!

Got it fixed. There is one stupid button in Mojave found in Security and Privacy in System preferences. Click on Privacy and there is a Microphone setting. You have to then click on Logic Pro X to allow it to record. Crazy. Works perfect.

Reactions: AshokanKid
I bought a nice 12-core MacPro5,1, transferred all settings from my Mac mini, and whatever I tried, I could not get the IFFWD driver to work (reinstalled, changed firewire port, rebooted etc. etc.).
Similar to the answer #25 above: In Security and Privacy, it mentioned that OSX did not validate old extensions. When seeing and selecting, I could activate the IFFWD driver, and got the Audio to work without rebooting. SOLVED!

Reactions: Peter Batah
I'm using Cubase Pro 11, but DM 8000 with itt firewire card e with driver from Tascsm don't pass audio signal.
Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

@giangregorio2013 The issue that you are experiencing is usually attributed to incorrect routing. There are some excellent guides that you can find in the documentation section that we have all greatly benefited from.

I've used same routing of versione 8.5 of Cubase pro with el Capitan, and sound go in cubase.

The strange thing is that if I go to you tube the sound is heard correctly. Or if I use another sound source, and as if the Tascam sound card drivers seen by cubase among other things do not pass the sound. If you have any suggestions, it's welcome

New threads

Members online

No members online now.