New MIDI functionality?

Jasper Castañeda

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Recently noticed that the new firmware update mentions a new function to output MIDI time code to a computer.

Does anyone know what this means exactly? Can this now be used as a MIDI controller?

I'm thinking that it will enable the Model 24 to send clock and hopefully transport messages to the DAW but I'm curious what all it entails as well. I've not been able to get it going yet

I tried the midi sync, got it working in samplitude, but haven't tried it with a recording or song yet ,so don't know how well it works. But it did start and stop the DAW when I pushed play and stop on the model 24. Hopefully they add more, it didn't look like the record button worked, just start and stop.

This is encouraging news. I've been trying to learn about MIDI timecode. For my non guitar recording, I'm utilizing various samplers, synths and from machines. I'm multitrack recording them, then improvising with changing parameters, recording all this live, then I go back and "arrange" the tracks in my DAW.

After this point, I can't get there playback of the MIDI devices to resync with the recording. So I'm having to MUTE tracks, then replay overdubs.

One of the huge benefits for me with the Model 24 is the sampling/resampling workflow by sending the stereo SUB OUT into the MPC Live inputs. This has finally allowed me to sample all my gear without rehooking connections.

All I do is change the output of the track I want to the SUB OUTPUTS and I'm sampling. Then I take output 3/4 of the MPC Live going into the input of the Octatrack.

Being able to record all my instruments into my DAW is awesome. It almost seems to good to be true.

I'm just beginning this workflow and it's very exciting. It's allowing me more time to focus on arranging, sounds design and interesting resampling methods.

I feel like I'm getting more efficient.

PS I sample vinyl and from Bluetooth now very early using the BT channel

New threads

Staff online

Members online