Newbie here and proud new owner of the DM4800

J.O.

Gear owned
DM4800, MR816X2,NS10M
Hi All,

I just joined the DM4800 family this week and I'm excited! I will be having questions over the course of my ownership with the desk however, these few questions have been asking to asked so, here it goes

1-The DM4800 that I will be getting is currently free of any card expansions ( STOCK)…… My desires is to use the desk in a Windows powered environment, I was told that the desk works best with Cubase versus any other DAW software out there …. I'd like to control parameters within the program(s) as well as controlling Analog input…… Is this possible as a Stock unit or will I need to buy something additional?

2- I see that there is a Surround Card available for the desk. Is this card for Surround Sound mixing( I'd like to get into Surround Sound mixing in the near future) or will I have to get a Surround sound card for my PC separately to achieve this?

I'd like to use my Steinberg MR816x and CSX as my main interfaces for Analog and Optical Audio.

Thanks for your help and if there are any links towards my question please feel free to comment them..

>>I was told that the desk works best with Cubase versus any other DAW software out there.

It works great with lots of DAW software. Here is a great one that is free and works well with the DM4800 as a controller.
On the Tascam use MC for DP as the remote type.
In Tracktion create your controller and 2 extensions for 24 tracks of control.

https://www.tracktion.com/products/t5-daw

>>…. I'd like to control parameters within the program(s) as well as controlling Analog input…… Is this possible as a Stock unit or will I need to buy something additional?

If I understand your question, you don't need anything else. Connect your DM4800 to your computer with USB to gain MIDI remote channels you will need.

>>2- I see that there is a Surround Card available for the desk. Is this card for Surround Sound mixing( I'd like to get into Surround Sound mixing in the near future) or will I have to get a Surround sound card for my PC separately to achieve this?

You can do surround sound without buying cards for your computer or for the DM4800, but the Tascam Surround Sound card may make it easier and add some features that enhance the mixing process. Hit the keypad 0 / Pan Surround to set output to surround.

I'd like to use my Steinberg MR816x and CSX as my main interfaces for Analog and Optical Audio.

MR816 should give you 10 digital tracks to and from computer, if I understand the interface. You just need 2 ADAT cables and 2 coaxial SPDIF cables (regular RCA cables may work for you if the run is short). Using the analog ins and outs would give you more of course.

I couldn't find info on the CSX.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.