Newbie Observations DM-4800

wesleyfurr

Gear owned
DM-4800
I'm using my DM with Cubase 7 and have noticed a few things that are puzzling.

1 - If I want to change the ASIO driver buffer size I have to unload the driver or shutdown Cubase. With my previous board you could change the buffer size on the fly. Am I missing something? I like to record MIDI with small buffer and play back with buffer maxed out to eliminate any pops.

2 - Not really a Cubase issue. I can't run TMCompanion unless I disconnect the Meter Bridge first. Tried 3 different PCs, same problem. Software starts, I can see it in Task Manager, but no GUI pops up. Read maybe on here that someone had to disconnect their Meter Bridge to get it to run. Mine is the same. Using latest ver of TMCompanion on website. Works great if Meter Bridge disconnected.

It's been awhile, so I could be mistaken. But when I was running Cbase SX3, I could change the firewire/ASIO buffer on the fly. So, if that feature's no longer available on the current flavor of 'Base, chalk it up to 'progress.' I experience the same issue with PT10; if I need to change the buffer, it requires a re-load of the app.

On issue #2: You might try loading TMC before loading Cbase to see if that solves the problem. If not, try the reverse: Cbase first, then TMC.

CaptDan

New threads

Members online