Newbie (sort of!) needs firmware bug update help

Unless you are cascading 2 DM consoles, 1.72 offers you nothing. It was only to address a bug with cascading.

Reactions: Darryn
Hey @cmaffia, thanks for that info. Would you have any ideas why I cannot get my DM3200 to communicate with my MacBook Pro? It does still work on my old Mac, and the only two differences there are 1 it used an older operating system and 2: the firewire cable plugged straight in, rather than having to use two adaptors.... Macbook pro running High Seirra, I have all the latest firmware and firewire drivers. I am going from a firewire cable 400 to 800 to firewire thunderbolt adaptor... Downgrading my operating system is the last thing I can think to do.. :/

I still think you are using a converter too much. You are converting from one protocol over an second to a third.

Apple did not give me many options... They don't even have USB connectors on there computers anymore. :/ ... This is very sad news

See my reply in the other thread, @Darryn.

@Darryn I am glad to hear that you managed to update the firmware. Did you end up using the file(s) that I sent you? Did you check to see if anyone else on the forum is using High Sierra. If so, how is it working out for them.

Hi @Peter Batah , I'm not sure I did find anyone using High Seirra. But it would be great to know if anyone else has had success with it. Yes I did use the files, Thanks for that! :)

I am using High Sierra, which I also stated in the thread about Sierra/High Sierra. There's more using that without any problems.

Reactions: Peter Batah