No video output

Scott Baker

Gear owned
None yet
I am trying t reset the bios on an X48 that had a way dead battery. Unfortunately I can't get any video to show up on the monitor, which makes resetting the bios a bit problematic. Anyone see this issue before?I have tested the monitor with another computer so I know the monitor works. I have a feeling I can get this back to life if I can get over this hurdle. The bios dance looks very familiar to the Mackie HDR, which shouldn't surprise me since the late great Bob Tudor had a hand in designing both machines. Anyway, I look forward to the knowledge base throwing some ideas out there.

On a another note, if I let it sit long powered up, I get the red dancing OL LEDs across the VU meters.

Thanks,
Scott

Upon further investigation, I am thinking I have some bad caps on the motherboard. I lifted the TDIF card out of it so I could see better and it appears that about 7-8 caps are toast with the tell tale ever so slight bulge on the top of them. Looks like I got get on digikey and get some caps and break out the iron and see if I can rehab this thing.

Here is a pic of the caps in question that look to be bad. It is 5 short green ones, only 4 in the pic as I pulled one to get values. and two brown . The green are 6.3volt 1500uf and the brown are also 6.3volt and 3300uf, if that helps anyone out there.

I'm working on this right now and wondering witch caps you got exactly?

They are right behind the heatsink to the processor. Between the processor and and the back panel, if that helps.

Here is a pic of the caps in question that look to be bad. It is 5 short green ones, only 4 in the pic as I pulled one to get values. and two brown . The green are 6.3volt 1500uf and the brown are also 6.3volt and 3300uf, if that helps anyone out there.

Sorry better question I found them but I just don't know exactly what these are specifically called to order them.
Like what type of caps?

Looks like I need to replace all 5 of the 150 and just 1 330.

Attachments

• IMG_7823.JPG
    IMG_7823.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. They are electrolytes caps. I can't remember the size in millimeters off the top of my head. If you pm me your address, I may have some extra from the project I can send you.

New threads

Members online