Odd transport behaviour

Yes. Got this direct from Tascam. I said doesn't this make the desks useless. He replied, "Well, only if you want to use it with a computer." Go figure! They did this with the cable to cascade two desks. Surely putting a stop to people buyin two desks?!

If anyone from Tascam can vouch this is not true I'll be thrilled to be the victim of misinformation. It is a worry. They didn't even have a dm4800 at tascam to check my faulty card. Most peculiar way to run a company. Sad thing is it's a fantastic desk. Makes me want to go Slate Digital and Raven when this one bites the dust. Which is sad as I've been tascam for 25 years.

A quick perusal of dealers would indicate that this is true. That is unfortunate news. I suspect this means EOL for the DM3200. I know what I'll do if mine ever stops working, but I hope that day comes later than soon.

The Raven is sexy for clients, but touch-screen interfaces can be such a pain in the tuchis. If the day was today, I'd either buy a MOTU HD interface and a Wacom tablet to replace my mouse and go ITB... Or I'd buy an SSL Nucleus and continue to work as I do, albeit a little poorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: captdan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.