Opening session backup from 2003?

Clinton Vadnais

Gear owned
DA-20mkii, DA-P1, DA-78
Hello, While I own a lot of Tascam gear I do not own a MX2424. I have a session backup that was from one though. The punches and dubs are not burned into a full length WAV. I have directories that include .tl file, Audio and Track folders. Is it possible on modern computers to open this in a way that makes sense? Quick research shows MX View. If I manage to get this software installed on an old Mac or PC will this allow me to open these sessions with the audio timed as it was originally? Thanks for any insight!

When a project is a non-distruct version as opposed to a tape mode project, which writes complete files during overdubs. When you say a project was it saved as a tl project or were the wav files exported?

If it was a tl project there is a software call open tl that may work, however I have never used it.

The wav files from a mx are actually broadcast wav files and are time stamped so if you have a software that recognises b-wav files it will be placed at the correct place in the project. Harrison mix bus can do this but there must be others.

Hope that helped
Alan

are they mxbu files? I've read of ppl being able to open mxbu files and see the wav files.

I just had a guy bring in dvdram mxbu'so we loaded into my mx converted to tape mode rendered so all Trks start end same time then transferred to computer burned cd's of wav files so he could play on his laptop. The mxbu files were from around 2002. I've also grabbed cdr bu's that were in mxbu, reloaded into mx transferred bwav files back out so they can be loaded into daws.

Alan, Clinton stated he doesn't own an mx2424. Mxview can only be used with an mx2424.

I'm thinking Clinton is dealing with mxbu files. Only way I've been able to move the wave files is to reload the mxbu file into an mx2424 and convert to tape mode then back up files by transferring the wave files to computer.

I've read of some ppl being able to open mxbu files on macs I don't know how they did it.

I might not be understanding Clintons situation, seems the older I get the less I understand what ppl are talking about lol :)

I know, I was suggesting OpenTL software which was designed to open a TL project (mxbu) as wave files to be used in other software. I was not talking about mxview.

Alan

Alan, I didn't see that software on tascam's site I'll have to look again. I'd like that myself it would save a lot of time on old bu's to be able to open them grab the wave files and move on.

I did read on the old forum some users were able to do it I wonder if that's the software they used?

Thanks Alan I'm going to take a closer look at this.

Hootch

New threads

Members online

No members online now.