Printing FX

I believe it does, and I should have been more complete in my explanation: I can take a Pro Tools project anywhere and it has everything and all settings saved in it, especially if I've stuck to the included effects. I like that "everything in one place: aspect should I want to revisit a song.

@-mjk- I was under the impression that it did as well.

Reactions: -mjk-
I believe it does, and I should have been more complete in my explanation: I can take a Pro Tools project anywhere and it has everything and all settings saved in it, especially if I've stuck to the included effects. I like that "everything in one place: aspect should I want to revisit a song.

OK, granted. But, where would you take it? Seriously, where? My x32 is fully Mackie control compatible, but if all I wanted to do was control automation envelopes in my DAW, I could use a $500 controller with deep integration. But, I want to use the audio engines of my console(s) and the pallet of colors they bring to the production.

With AutoMate, I have incredible automation and full recall of over 10,000 console parameters. By simply loading the mix file I'm right back to where I was. So I certainly understand that aspect. That is non-trivial capability.

There is nowhere in Taiwan that I could take my projects and get a better mix/master.

But that's the beauty of this business. Every individual workflow suits that individual engineer.

Reactions: Arjan P
@Felonious Punk one technique you could benefit from is putting storage tracks on virtual tracks so they can be brought back into the project at any time, rather than erasing them.

Played with this and I get it now. This changes everything :) Thanks for another great tip, @-mjk- !

I listened to a bunch of songs on your page and was blown away. Just great.

FP

Reactions: -mjk-
@Felonious Punk you are very welcome. I'm glad to know that the tip is helping you make better records.

Thanks for your kind words on my older stuff. I'm working on all new tunes and you'll be hearing them as soon as I get one in the can.

Reactions: Felonious Punk

New threads

Members online