Printing

Kjell Arne Nordli

Gear owned
Model 24
I regret this basic question, but I have not found any answer to this.
Will eq and effects be printed during recording, or will I still have "clean" recordings pre FX and pre EQ for mix?
(I suppose both compressor and inserts will be printed ...)

The block diagram (page 53 in manual) shows 'Send' signals going to the 'sd multi track recorder', and all of these are tapped off the input paths after the low-cut filter and compressor, but before the EQ (and channel fader), so my guess is the latter will not be recorded. When mixing, the Main Out Send goes to the recorder, so individual input EQ's will be recorded at that stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
That's possibly to prevent double processing on the way in, and back out.

Solved.
Stereo Mix Export sends tracks 23 and 24 to a *.wav file
When you press record, the unit always records the current mix to tracks 23 and 24.

So if you want your edits/fx/eq to make it to the stereo mix export you have to run the track on record so that it overwrites the current tracks 23 and 24.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks for that valuable info, Dan.

I just joined this forum just to thank you for this valuable piece of information. I had recorded my first single with the model 24 as a learning experience and this final committing a print to SD card and therefore the outside world had me stumped. Thank you.

The "committing a print to SD card" is doing a Mixdown. Unless one is using a DAW that renders mixes, mixing requires the mix to be recorded in real time.

Just remember that if you are using the Model 24's internal SD recorder for recording a Mixdown, you lose the last 2 tracks. You get 22 tracks to mix with.

i’ll not forget that. It’s also amazing how once one discovers the print to SD card using record I just accept it as it is and include it into my workflow. I especially like that my mixes actually sound like the mixes I made when it comes to playing them back, not all DAWs maintain that.

So far I have recorded two songs for my first vinyl single and I am extremely pleased. Especially with the bass guitar sound and the drums are immense... and my ability to fly the vocal faders manually on that final print solves a lot of issues.

I love it. It’s a great tool.

Reactions: Dan On Drums
Glad to hear that it's working well for you @PunkPrincessInADress. Be sure to post in the songs forum when/where we can hear it.

I just joined this forum just to thank you for this valuable piece of information. I had recorded my first single with the model 24 as a learning experience and this final committing a print to SD card and therefore the outside world had me stumped. Thank you.

Glad I shared and was able to help someone out! It took me hours. lol

Yeah, I owe you a beer!

Just finished the B side Its amazing to think I made a single on this thing... no studio!

Glad to hear that it's working well for you @PunkPrincessInADress. Be sure to post in the songs forum when/where we can hear it.

I'll do that.

Just sent off the finished mixes to the engineer for balancing and vinyl twiddling then off to Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin for the mastering and lacquers and I'm happy with the fact its down. First project down. Woo.

It feels good to get a release going. I just re-released a single from 1995, hehe.

Please post in the tracks forum where we can hear it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.