Problem with DP-01 Play button

Brian Whary

Gear owned
TASCAM DP-01
Hi Folks, brand new to the Forum. Been using my DP 01 for years and all the sudden the play button won't start the machine. Anyone have any issues like this. I am still able to export my existing files, but I can't play any of my recordings. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with my rewind button. No fix (except use the jog wheel) that I could figure out. Sorry to hear that. I really liked my dp01 fx. Although..... now I have replaced it with audacity/reaper and an audio interface. I'm glad I did. Maybe you should too!

ME TOO!! I had a DP01 which was great till the play button stopped working so I bought another one and the same thing is happening. Its really annoying. You have to press it harder and harder and more and more times to get a response then it dies. An electronics wiz kid managed to fix my first one by changing some component inside but it only worked for a while then died again. Seems odd, I assumed it was a mechanical problem with the contacts on the button getting dirty or worn, but it seems its not that simple . . .

New threads

Members online

No members online now.