Purpose of Model 12 "Post Rec Button

Rocky

From
Northeast Ohio
Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
POST REC switch
Select the send position of the signal recorded to the SD card.
When this switch is on, signals from after the MAIN fader are recorded to the SD card.
I've tried searching for this answer: can someone explain/elaborate what the difference in function is when this switch is in and out (for the Model 12)?
My guess/understanding:
IN - When actively recording any track, the unit records to the SD whatever is heard on the MAIN buss/fader.
OUT - When actively recording any track, the unit records everything regardless of the position of the main fader...
Is this right?
Also, does this switch affect what is recorded in the same way when the individual tracks' REC buttons are lit, and also when no track REC buttons are lit?
I'm still new to the Model 12 and just getting accustomed to the fact that the manual assumes a reasonably deep understanding of recording desks.
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
The Post Rec button only effects what gets recorded to the master tracks (11/12 on the Model 12, 15/16 on the Model 16 etc).

. When it’s not in, you get the sum of the rest of the tracks (including their faders) but not the master settings printed to tracks 11/12 (or whatever).

When it’s “in” the master fader AND the Main EQ (if engaged) modifies what is printed to tracks 11/12.

I think the idea is ... imagine you are using the board to drive a PA in a live band setting... and you use the master fader and master EQ to get the sound right for the room. This button let’s you choose whether to “print” these same setting to the master tracks when recording, or by pass them...

New threads

Members online