Record Track by track

rocky333

Gear owned
tascam 24
So giving up on logic for now, I am trying to record track by track directly into the SD cards,
but when I do for example record track 1 channel 1 and then wants to record track 2 channel two, it just writes over the track I just recorded, any tips for this? a

Welcome to the forum rocky. I don't have a Model 24, but in the absence of any other replies, here's my 2 cents.
The Rec button for each channel determines whether or not that channel is recorded when you press the main Rec button, so if you don't want channel 1 overwriting, make sure its Rec button is unlit. You can have any combination of these; when the main Rec button is pressed, all channels with their Rec buttons lit will record, and all channels with their Rec button unlit will playback.
Each channel has a 3-way selector (Mode switch) to select the signal for that channel: direct from the input socket (live), from the computer via usb (pc), playback signal for that channel from the sd-card (mtr).

Reactions: rocky333
Thank you so much Phil for your time and answers I finally figured it out yesterday ! The manual is not very clear.
I noticed that no one is able to record the FX of the board to the DAW - I called tascam and they told me to create on the DAW channel 23-24 and that it should record the FX it worked in a strange way first I got a huge feedback (expected ) then I managed to record it with effects but really bad white noise. Did anyone found out how to record the FX/ EQ to the daw ?

2-also I am new at these and was wondering once I record everything on my DAW and then wants to mix what I recorded using the board s EQ pan and else >>>> and then record that mix back into the DAW

how can I do that ? Is it even possible ? Feel like I might have bought something not fit for what I need to do. Even though I love the pre amps and else.

Reactions: -mjk-
@rocky333 from what you reported that Tascam told you, it sounds like they told you to make two tracks to record the stereo output on the Model 24 which outputs the stereo bus on channels 23 and 24. I also use a (different brand) console to mix DAW tracks, and use the DAW as a multitrack playback machine. I mix in the console and record back to a stereo track in Reaper.

From what I've been reading, and what I've been hearing is, that you use the model 24 in a similar way. You can mix 22 DAW tracks down to two tracks: 23 and 24. The mixdown can go to the SD card or to your DAW Or even an external recorder of some type.

The Model 24 cannot be used as a control surface, but you wouldn't want to use it that way anyway. You want to use the audio engines and the FX built into the console, so you don't want to move the fader on the console and have it move the fader in your DAW at the same time. Mixing out-of-the-box requires that the tracks in the DAW remain at unity gain. So the Model 24 should do that just fine. The limiting factor is the 22 tracks.

New threads

Members online