Recording techniques

Alan Dunn

Gear owned
MX-2424
Couple of questions ( now that I have my MX-2424 working like a tape deck ) and waiting on my new computer to run the MX-view option.
1. when I set up a new project and begin recording does the recorded tracks automatically save to the hard drive when I stop recording and power down?
2. can I go back and add to the existing project file as in doing a demo and working on it over a period of time or does each new song being recorded require a new project name?

I know a lot will be cleared up with the MX-view but I have to start on a Demo for the band prior to that new computer arriving and getting set up.

Thanks for assistance.
Alan D.

Hi again,
The answer to question 1, yes the recording is saved to the hard drive when stop recording. To clarify and a word of warning, if you are recording and hit stop it takes the mx a few moments to completely save the file. It also takes a little longer to save the graphics files for the wave form image. The image thing will become more obvious when you get mx view working. If the power goes off during recording the project will not be saved properly and will probably be corrupted. Also before powering down always uncounted the drive.

Question 2, treat each song as a project.

Just a bit extra, if you record in tape mode the mx acts just like a tape machine. In non- distruct mode it is more like a DAW with undo editing ect, but the project size becomes much bigger.
Cheers
Alan

Reactions: Caveman
I have been recording using the MX2424 as a recorder, I still can't get the MX view up and running. I have tried different combinations of the IP address configuration with no luck. Any change I make to the IP displays when start the MXview but can't get the connection up and running.
Is there anyway I can trouble shoot the network configuration ( using Windows 10 )?
Thanks for any information,
A.Dunn

One other think, I need to format a refurbished hard drive and the MX2424 is not reading it. I probably need to reformat on the computer but the computer is SATA and I need to know how to convert so I can work with SCSI hard drive, any information on how to do this? ( I am by no means a computer wiz so if you can dumb down the explanation it would be helpful :D:rolleyes::rolleyes: )
A. Dunn

Lets tackle the MX view problem first, I have uploaded a copy of mx view that is working on windows 10 so send me a personal message with you email address and I'll share that copy with you. Just to make sure that we have a copy that does work with windows 10.

Alan

If you are connecting your computer directly to the MX2424 you need to use a crossover cable ? You can only use a normal ethernet cable if you connect via a switch.

Last edited:
I think this problem was first brought up in another thread, or maybe through personal messages, but yes Rob is correct.

Alan, when you get the new copy of mx view I’ll email you info regarding windows 10 network setting that you need to have. Please install the tascam folder for mx view as I have previously instructed. Sorry if the replies take a while, I am in a way different time zone to you.

Cheers
Alan

I can't see to locate the file / folder in my e-mail. ( alan.dunn015@yahoo.com ). Could you resend it. I had some computer issues again and it could have gotten lost in the move around.
Rob F. thanks for the input, I am using a direct connect with a crossover ethernet cable.

Many thanks Alan !!!!
Ived already downloaded and after i instal my new PC um going to instal it too!!!
Then ill give you news if everything is working ok!
..if anyday you need something from me please let me know!!
Thank you again

Alan, are you by any chance the Alan Dunn I used to converse with on the Yahoo Trident trimix owners group ?

New threads

Members online