Recording YouTube audio into DM3200 via Firewire

BLIZZY1BLIZZY

Gear owned
DM3200 DM24
I am trying to record some gospel songs for Mother's Day, since they are older songs they are not as easy to find on certain torrent sites.

So I decided to search YOUTUBE. I can find all of them, but I am unable to record them (audio). I am on a MAC PRO with DM3200 and firewire card. In my SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SOUND>upon input I see the IF-FW/DM mkII but also noticed no sound on the input level.

I play the video, on channels 1-2 I can hear the audio, so I figure I go into my DAW (PRO TOOLS) select 1-2 and record, NOPE-nothing.

I even tried to patch from the STUDIO OUT (red/white) in the back of the mixer into a patchbay, come out into the DM3200 on channels 13-14 (analog) and..........nothing.

Did i do something wrong or will this not work cause of the firewire being the audio source into the computer?????? Thanks in advance.

Did you assign the channels you are hearing the YouTube on to Busses 1+2 in the OUTPUT ASSIGN buttons? Once it comes into the board, you have to send it back out to record it somewhere.

God is punishing you for attempting too STEAL music rather than find it from a legit site and pay for it...

Reactions: Gravity Jim
Yeah, I must agree. Going to YouTube because you can't find a torrent to swipe is pretty cheesy.

Reactions: codabass
@BLIZZY1BLIZZY There are composers on this site who sell music for a living, so "torrent" is understandably a bit of an inflammatory word to them.

I do wonder if God would forgo punishing you since the music you were torrenting was gospel, which is intended to praise him. Maybe you'd get a free pass? :D

Reactions: captdan
I find it easier to just download the Youtube video directly and convert to audio only. And I do so with music I bought in the past in any shape or form (vinyl, cassette tape or CD). I stopped buying the same music twice or more times in the nineties. And if there is a god that occupies himself directly with acts of man, I would certainly hope he'd be busy with more important things on Earth than this..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.