Repair ATR 60-8 - Anyone expert in repair?

fab-tascam

Hello community,
Who has experience with a TASCAM ATR 60 series? I have an ATR 60-8, where the REW and FFWD is not running properly. The pins are not pushing out the tape during REW and FFWD from the heads.
The tape thus remains on the heads during forward and rewinding. The machine was not operated for a long time, so I guess that the lubrication of this mechanism is resinified. Here are some photos. Am I correct with this assumption?
Otherwise everything runs.
Best Regards

Attachments

• IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2955.JPG
    IMG_2955.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 9
There are some machines that have an Edit button or lever to listen to tape for edit functions. Make sure that is turned off. It happens on other models too like Otari and lower Tascam models.
Otherwise a service of the pinch roller and lifters is needed. There are in some models a solenoid just for lifters. Take the head cover off and see why- beyond the edit button error that the lifters are free moving. All parts on older decks can get oil or grease died stuck conditions.

The experts are- Russ at NJFS, Adrian at Adrian Pro Audio, and myself at Skywave Taope Deck Repair.
We all have worked at Teac Factory Service facilities. Every one of these are easily found on the Internet if you go looking for them. These guys will be better than the card changers in CA that may have never seem one of these decks. I speak of the guys across from the parts department in Montebello.

Due to the size of the unit find the place that is closest to you.

There are no"guys from across the Parts Dept". There hasn't been for four years.

The people on Gage street which I am told are the same as was in the service department there.
They have never made their talents known to customers and in most cases they are just board changers. I have several customers that have had unit there that then had to be sent to me to get fixed. Why can't they fix the stuff if they know what they are doing? The last guy from Alaska had to send units back as they did nor work when he got them but I did warn him.

That old Molytone grease needs to be cleaned off and application of lubriplate 105 will resolve the problem for the next 20 + years.
The Pins are called lifter in all tape decks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.