Replace stereo mix

E-ROK

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi there - On my new Model 12, I worked out a good mix of a song (9 tracks - MTR mode), then recorded it down to stereo starting at a mark. I started the stereo mix recording at about 15 seconds into the actual MTR recording (after some feedback and noise), then I forgot to press stop at the end and took a walk - and now the recorded .wav file is over an hour long.

I listened to the beginning, and it has about 15 seconds of dead space before the mark point, and then the sound comes through (at the mark point).

So, I'm wondering - why is there dead space before the point it started recording, and how can I cut it out, and the hour of dead space after the song is done?

I tried just re-recording it, starting at the mark, and ending with me pressing stop at the end of the song, but it's still over an hour long as a file. It seems like the MTR file is over an hour long now too - I can't just delete the .wav file on the SD card. When I go to choose the MTR file it's also over an hour long (and the song is only about 5min).

Reactions: Max Relic
I'll add my little hints to what @-mjk- said.

On the Model 12 the "Main mix" uses tracks 11 & 12, sharing the same timeline of tracks 1-10.

You can shorten the mixdown from 1 hour to 5 minutes in different ways:

- export the main mix to stereo track (page 48 of the manual), load it into your favourite wave editor and cut/fade it at will;

- copy the project folder containing the 9 tracks onto your pc disk, edit/cut all of them in your favourite wave editor, save them back (better with simple names like "track01.wav, track02...") in the MUSIC folder on the Model 12 SD card, start a new song and import all 9 tracks;

- you could try making a copy of the project folder and change its name, edit all the tracks and save with consistent filenames, copy back on the SD card and see if the Model 12 likes it (success not guaranteed).

Hope it helps

Thanks for these - I’m getting the hang of it now and understand that it indeed just works that way, and I can use external software to clean things up, but not do any further editing using the model 12.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.