Replacement parts for handheld DP-22WL

namrebyc

Gear owned
22wl
Hi all
Before i continue I know i should for had a strap or something but I will learn .
After a trip to blackpool i put my recorder loose in the back of my car in a bag that was open . Im guessing the bag tipped because when i opened the boot at asda the recorder slipped out and hit the road .

I have only noticed this afternoon that the impact has hit the volume adjust wheel and its no longer there.
Ive searched google but cant find where to get a replacement .
Im thinking if I cant I will use the phone app to adjust it .

Could one of you nice people point me in the right direction as to getting it replaced wnhich i could do myself if I could sourse one or how to make the adjustment now using the app ?

dateposted-public

Dropping these devices usually means the end of it. Like Sony Walkmans that get dropped the Pot inside cracks and there are no replacement parts since the late 90's. Tascam if they had to fix it would probably put a new board in it but the cost to do that outside of warranty would be more than a new unit. They may not have a new board and I don't think they repair them. A drop if a part is missing probably did other damage in the unit as well.

Thanks for the reply
I can now update
I contacted Tascam support and got put in touch with the uk support yesterday morning I emailed them a photo and what I had done . It ended up costing me £12 posted for a replacement wheel . It arrived 15 minutes ago i slipped it into the hole and my device is working perfect .

It was working after it slipped but I had no control over volume levels .That now rectified I can get on and enjoy making more awful gig audios

Good for you. It is not common that parts just slip in but I wonder how they constructed such a thing that the part can fall out. Well I don't work on them so Jim would know more.

New threads

Staff online

Members online