++RESOLVED++ 8 inputs routed to 4 outputs with the Tascam LM-8ST or the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R?

Dans

Gear owned
LM8ST
I have a Tascam LM-8ST and also an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R.
I have 2 computers, each one providing 4 channels of audio out, a ‘Show PC and a ‘Backup’ PC.
Each PC is producing quad sound- Front L, Front R, Rear L and Rear R.
So essentially I have 8 audio inputs coming from the 2 PCs and I want to have level control over each input because the 2 PCs have slightly different levels on each channel compared to each other.

The sound from each of the 2 PCs go via 2 Tascam 4x4 HR units to provide 4 separate channels.

The signal from the 8 inputs from the 4x4 HRs then needs to go out on 4 channels (Front L, Front R, Rear L and Rear R) to my 4 active speakers.
I need to know if either the Tascam LM-8ST or the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R can do this, or if both of them can, which one would be the simplest for me to setup given my limited knowledge.

So basically the Front L input from the show PC and the Front L input from the backup PC, both need to go to the Front L speaker output and so on...

The Tascam appears to have 8 inputs and 4 outputs and the Ultra 8R appears to have 8 inputs and 8 outputs, but maybe I’m mistaken as to the purpose of these channels on these units and they can’t do what I require.

I’ve been easily able to achieve what I need using a Soundcraft E8 desk using Aux 1 and Aux 2 inputs/outputs, but I need to do the same with a 1U rack mounted solution.

The reason I want to do this is so that if the show PC fails, I can switch to the backup PC in seconds without having to switch plugs around.
I only have a basic knowledge of audio and don’t really understand busses etc so please take that into account if you have the time to help me.
Many thanks in advance.
Dan.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.