Send fx out puts

darcy

Gear owned
many
one further question sorry about typos on mobile.. no way to get more aux semd outs? ie .. two for my compressor and another for my midi sync box? thx... some reason my brain is horrible at trouble shooting the last few says... can in run my sync box out of another in put?

You have the two sends - and only those two sends (which are meant for that purpose of routing a signal out of the machine and back in - with or without inserting a signal processor along the way).

Technically, in theory - any signal that is available at the monitor outputs could be sent to an external device and routed back to an available input. I say "in theory" - because I have not tried that. But I assume it's doable.

Reactions: -mjk-
so in theory how could i send my midi sync out of another output other then the fx sends... im at work now and my memory isnt helping me remember... but i know there is an option some where to send outputs.. just dont remember what those options where. or let me think.. perhaps i could record my sync sound on another device... say my sp 404 and have it trigged by another device to send the midi sync?

that wont work.... no it wont hmmmm.. cause the tascam need to start rec ...

Which specific model are you using - of the following four options?

DP-24
DP-32
DP-24SD
DP-32SD

...Technically...any signal..that is available..."in theory".
David, impedance matching and input sensitivity are critical considerations to protect both the integrity of the audio signal and the physical safety of sensitive electronic components in the unit. That's why I created posts in the stickies on those topics.;)

Connecting monitor and/or stereo outputs through an external device and back into the dp machine is certainly possible... but you need to fully understand the signal routing options to avoid feedback. Typically this would mean sends set to PRE and track faders turned down, but you are pretty limited in what you can achieve. If you use the monitor outputs, you limit everything you monitor - by definition!
My suggestions would be to forget about doing everything in one pass and separate the functions. Leave out the compressor while you record all your other tracks with sync, and then do one or more bounce operations to add the compressor as reqd.... k.i.s.s. :)

David, impedance matching and input sensitivity are critical considerations to protect both the integrity of the audio signal and the physical safety of sensitive electronic components in the unit. That's why I created posts in the stickies on those topics.;)

Thanks Mark.;)

Darcy, you probably want to consider what Mark has to say there.;)

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online