Sharing Studio Ideas

Discussion in 'TASCAM Forums Gallery' started by skier, May 1, 2017.

1. Arjan P

Arjan P Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM3200 IFFW
    Heh heh. Well, I did see some of your video tours and I think you're too modest. Your place looks great too - maybe less space, but lots of possibilities, and most importantly: Great music coming out!
  2. Gerk

Gerk Active Member

Gear:
    DM-3200
    I pasted this in from another thread, figured it would be good to share this in the appropriate place :)

A little messy but here's a couple quick pics. THe desk that the DM-3200 is installed into is a custom one I had a local builder do for me (and it was still less than an Argosy 70 series at the time!). It was impossible to find a desk for a large-ish console like this where it was not the center piece so custom was the way to go. I LOVE that desk, it's built to my spec and does pretty much everything I wanted it to do ;)

DAW
    Mixing Workstation.JPG

Keyboard Rig
    Keyboard Rig.JPG
    skier likes this.
  3. Gary24

Gary24 New Member

South Carolina, USA
    Gear:
    Tascam DP24SD
  4. skier

skier Well-Known Member

Connecticut, USA
    Gear:
    Tascam DM4800, PT 12
    Hi Gary,

Those look like JBL monitors, probably 306 or 308s. A friend was asking me about them a few weeks ago and I don't have any experience with them. If I'm right about them being the JBLs, how do you like them?

BTW, pretty roomy in that studio; lots of room for more stuff, or better yet, an actual band. I've been guilty of putting too much stuff in mine and having room for only 1 or 2 other musicians - never enough room. You're more disciplined than I.
    Gary24 likes this.
  5. Gary24

Gary24 New Member

South Carolina, USA
    Gear:
    Tascam DP24SD
    Hi Skier, yes they’re the JBL 306 MkII. They are very good, they’ll handle anything you throw at ‘em.

Yes I like a lot of room.:)
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018