Somebody can help me with this diagnostics please?

Elvert

Gear owned
Sx-1
Hi, I have a sx-1, in this moment, no work, but I guess fixit. Somebody can help me please?

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_092408.jpg
    IMG_20171021_092408.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20171021_084820.jpg
    IMG_20171021_084820.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20171021_083008.jpg
    IMG_20171021_083008.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 37
That error about the cmos checksum being bad means you need to replace the cmos battery. Other than that you don’t explain what your problem is exactly. First replace battery to start.

Hi, thanks for your attention. The cmos battery is 3v?, I replaced yet, but the same message continue.

The sx-1 is frozen after the screen of "a whole world of recording, BE", even if you put the boot disk.

Not sure. Don't you have the old one to look at? Without the battery working the cmos can't save motherboard settings and date when powered off.

This is the diagnostics now

Attachments

• IMG_20171022_110716.jpg
    IMG_20171022_110716.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
After you continue loading, on this screen, you will see a red square in the upper left, and there it freezes

Attachments

• IMG_20171019_130733.jpg
    IMG_20171019_130733.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 11
Normally, whem the CMOS-Error screen is shown, you can simply press "F2" then the cpu writes the default values into the cmos-ram, and the sx should start as usual.... but wth a defective bat , the values are lost, when the unit is powerd off. the best thing is to replace the battery . its a CR2032 lithium-cell. good luckkk ;-)

This is the diagnostics now
Hi.... I've seen this diag-screen yet. The BIOS report ther , that the fan-rotaion is "0", but the alarm ist set to "YES". ther can the a problem.. At my SX-1 Unit the build in fans have no sense-signal, so the alarm-funtions mut be set to "No" or "Disabled". Disable the alarms and then try again

On the other hand, if there is a problem with the mainboard, nrmal PC-Diag BOOT-CDS can be used, cause its a normal pc-mainboard

Try it :)

Hi, thanks for your attention, ok, anhy diagnostics CD can run?

Hi.....
It depends on the limitations of the sytem itself. I use boot-cds with small linux-systems with diag tools, or dos-based diag-cd's. And I suggest, that you get a second IDE Harddisc for test-installations...

My story is this, I was performing a hard drive cleanup, with the sx1 application, and there was a power failure and backup battery failure, upon restarting the sx1, it froze on the screen "a whole world recording ", and nothing more happened.

So, that seems, the file-system of your harddisk is corrupt. When the SX is making a cleanup and a powerfailure happens, thats the worst-case, cause while this operations there is alot of writing in the filesystem, in that case a powerfailure --> BANG !!!! . as I wrote yet, its a good thing to get an additional IDE Harddisk, to test with a clean new installation of the operating system.
good luck :)

Reactions: Elvert
Thanks for your support. Could that be the reason I did not recognize the boot CD either? Why already burn 8 and freezes on the "boot loading" screen

Try plugging the hard drive into a desktop computer and right clicking it in the Computer window. Click Properties, then find and repair errors.

New threads

Members online