Spanish Folk Influenced Acoustic Guitar Track

SocProf

Gear owned
DP-24SD
I post on the DP 24/32 Forum about technical problems I was having with my DP 24SD. I was thinking in the future of taking a hybrid approach to recordings: tracking into Audacity (through a Steinberg UR242 interface) and mixing and mastering in my DP 24SD.

I decided to experiment by recording a solo guitar track into Audacity. No mixing. No mastering. Effects added in line during recording. Here it is:

https://tonyandthetonechasers.bandcamp.com/track/consuelos-lost-estate

The biggest technical hurdle was pasting sections together and making the transitions sound natural. Some places on the track it works okay, while others sound a little abrupt. The second section of a paste-together always has some near silence (only sound is buzz from the piezo pickup) before the playing comes in. I'm thinking I need to include a longer cut of the near silence. I might also try a very quick fade out to near silence at the end of the first section to imitate hand muting the strings.

Must be a real obstacle to punching in.

I actually didn't try punching in. If I made a mistake, I paused and then started at the beginning of a section. So editing involved finding the best section takes and pasting them together.

This experience also reminded me that solo tracks are less forgiving since imperfections aren't being covered up by the other tracks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.