stereo out signal

r3writed

Gear owned
dm 4800
hello,
in few days i have to take my dm 4800 to a radio station to record a band that will be playing live on that radio. So i have to send a stereo signal to the radio mixer so that they can put it on streaming.
What would be the best way?

My idea is to put the input channels to post fader and send the master fader signal from lets say aux 1/2 to their mixer so that they get the mixed signal? But i will then record the mixed signal not the clean one.
And if I put on pre fader the radio will get the clean signal....

thnx

Record the direct out signals of each input channel into your DAW and 'mix for radio', so to speak, giving them your stereo out, and possibly using auxes for band member's headphones, if applicable.

hi, thnx for the answer, but i still dont get what kind of routing i should choose.

I want to use the first 16 ch for recording raw signal into cubase(so i can mixit later on), but also want to use compressors, eq, fx on the same channels,so to send the mixed signal to the "radio mixer" for streaming.
+ I need aux1/2 for headphonemix for the band.

So what I need to send where?

Tell me if this is ok :

ch 1-16 -> from preamps to cubase. (for recording clean signal)
ch 1-16 -> sent prefader to stereo aux 3/4 for "radio mixer"
ch 1-16 -> sent prefader to aux 1/2 for headphone amp for band.

r3writed said:
ch 1-16 -> from preamps to cubase. (for recording clean signal)
ch 1-16 -> sent prefader to stereo aux 3/4 for "radio mixer"
ch 1-16 -> sent prefader to aux 1/2 for headphone amp for band.
1. That's correct, and what I meant by Direct Out is called Input Bypass in DM terminology. See this post by Capt Dan on the 'how'.
2. No need to make a separate mix for radio IMO, just give them the main stereo out of the desk, where you mix the live performance including compression and EQ/FX.
3. Depending on the band's need, you can assign 4 separate outs for the headphone amp; AUX1-4. Pre-fader indeed, so you can adjust to their needs (more me).

New threads

Members online

No members online now.