System 20, help identify component

AndersHolst

Gear owned
238, 134, System 20, 3300
Hi all,

I've got a complete System 20, that I'm trying to get back to original spec. When I got it there was a note in the box from the original owner saying that line 1-2 had been rewired for RIAA. I'd like to get those two channels back to the way they were, which shouldn't be too hard since I have the unmodified channels 3 and 4 to compare with. Only thing is, I don't have a schematic, and it seems to be unobtainable.

My question is, there are two components that have been removed, which I need help identifying. They are axial, and the same size as a transistor, only it's completely white with no markings, and on the PCB it says w41 and w44. There are about 30 of these things on the PCB all in all. Does anyone know what they might be? W usually means wire on a PCB, no?

Thanks!

White things with no marking are wire jumpers and I do not know why they pulled them out. Wire jumpers as fancy as they might be is just a wire- like a staple, connecting one point to another usually with PCB traces going under them.

Thanks very much, Skywave! I had a feeling they might be jumpers, but I'm happy to be sure of it now. Now I can get channels back to the way they were. Thanks again, greatly appreciated!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.