Tascam 03-SPD

Sean Murphy

Gear owned
DP-03SD
Hi folks,

I have been plugging my Roland Fp 30 from the keyboards Jack output .....into the tascam Jack input to record. Worked great for a year woohoo but mid recording for an album the other day........the sound came through 20% and dulled.

I changed the lead but still. Any ideas? Maybe how I’m using my Roland to record is wrong maybe :) any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Hello to all who have listened to my recordings in the past and in particular to MJK the legend who recorded Memory Box for me.

Reactions: -mjk-
Whoa! Sean, you recorded Memory Box, not me! That is all your creativity, not mine. I just mixed and mastered it. It was a privilege to work on that song with you and I thank you for allowing me to have a small part in the production. But, that is totally your baby!

I have been plugging my Roland Fp 30 from the keyboards Jack output .....into the tascam Jack input to record. Worked great for a year woohoo but mid recording for an album the other day........the sound came through 20% and dulled.

As long as you're using the Line input B, or A not in the "guitar" switch position, you are doing the right thing. The main variables are going to be level settings on the 03-SD input, the output volume setting of the keyboard and the cabling. The first thing I would do is use headphones and make sure that the sound coming out of the keyboard is OK. If the keyboard is sounding bad then that has to be solved, obviously. I have changed cables only to find that the second cable was also bad, so don't assume anything. In general, things are designed to be used somewhere in the middle of the range. So, I normally set my keyboard volume about midway, and then bring up the input level of the mixer/device and see where we are for headroom.

If all else fails, I say "factory reset!"

Let us know how you make out.

Fair play MJ much much much appreciated. For whatever reason the issue seems resolved....I did nothing. Who knows :) Thank you again as always and for the fast and comprehensive response.

So in the last two weeks I recorded new stuff again under a different name (All The Queen's Horses @allthequeenshorsesmusic on Instagram you'll find me there) and got a record deal off the new stuff with Echoism Records and Motor Music also (singles in the spring and album October). They sadly only want my new stuff as opposed to old as they think my songwriting got better but Memory Box production was immense. I am genuinely grateful for all your efforts and teaching me so much. Hope all is well with you and your wife.

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
That is great news Sean! We're all looking forward to hearing your new stuff with a new record company! Regards to your family :)

So, there you are Tascam Forum members. Sean got a record deal based on his compositions he recorded on a Tascam 03-SD. Yes, it can be done.

Reactions: Arjan P
@Sean Murphy Where can we find the material from this topic? I saw the Soundcloud links don't work anymore - and I remembered listening to it earlier. Curious about the new stuff too!

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.