Tascam 16 -- Exporting via SD Disk?

tmag

Hi folks,

I would like to know if one can import multitrack files direct from the SD card to a computer... or if the only way to import multitrack files to a DAW to mix off the board must be via the usb "storage mode" connection?

Why? I want to set up the mixer in a rehearsal space, multitrack record the rehearsal, save to the SD card, remove the SD card and drive 15 miles home, plug the SD card into my computer and import the multi track files into the DAW and mix there.

All reference I can find on exporting multitrack files from the Tascam to a DAW demonstrate the USB connection Storage Mode transfer, but nothing that says you can simply plop the SD card in your computer and transfer that way.

I don't have this mixer yet. Want to confirm importing direct from an SD card rather than needing to import via usb on mixer works before picking one up.

Fingers crossed!

If all the USB connection in storage mode does is give you access to it as a drive, then it's the same as putting the SD card in a card reader.

I always pull my SD card out and transfer files from it (plugged into my computer). Works like a charm.

I use both methods (storage mode and inserting the SD card into another computer). Fast and flawless either way.

New threads

Members online