Tascam 24 - Listening to Main Output

Larry O'Toole

Gear owned
Tascam 24
Can anyone point me to a workaround for the fact that the Control Room and Headphone feeds are pre-fade (straight off the MAIN buses). I use the desk as an analogue mixer for both live and studio situations. Live is fine - the Main Outputs go the the FOH PA and that's what you are listening to. In a studio configuration however, the Main Outputs go to the 2-Channel Master Recorder and it's not possible to feed that same audio to the Studio Monitors / Headphones. Therefore, I can't fade a song out and hear the fade.
Please help.

In studio...I can't fade a song out and hear the fade.
IIRC, this was a hardware design flaw in the initial iteration of the Model 16/24. TASCAM corrected it in subsequent production runs (discussed in the pinned "Tips & Tricks" sticky thread). A search on "fade out" may turn up a work around, if any was ever found for the early 16/24 versions.

The "New Members, Please Read" pinned sticky describes how to search the forum effectively.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Hi Mark,
Thank you. Assigning to the sub-group will solve the problem.
BTW, the mixer is only a week old so, unless Australia has old stock, this hardware design shortcoming has not been addressed.
Cheers,
Larry

New threads

Members online

No members online now.