Tascam 48 + Midiizer need IF-1000

christian.marcelli

Gear owned
Tascam 48
I have a Tascam 48 and a Tascam MTS-1000 Midiizer. I'd like to sync the deck to another 48 or even a 238. However, it looks like I need a parallel to serial converter (the IF-1000). Does anybody have one of these or know where to get one? I also need cables, but those can be made with a pinout chart.

Found an IF-1000. Now I need to build cables! Anybody have a diagram for the cable connecting the Midiizer to the IF-1000?

I have a Tascam 48 and a Tascam MTS-1000 Midiizer. I'd like to sync the deck to another 48 or even a 238. However, it looks like I need a parallel to serial converter (the IF-1000). Does anybody have one of these or know where to get one? I also need cables, but those can be made with a pinout chart.

I owned an if1000 for many years. I built both master and slave umbilical cables for it for use with various machines (and midiizer) to control mostly two 85-16bs that were otherwise difficult to sync as slaves. I also bought a couple of pre-made cables from Tascam Montebello. Doubt they still have any remaining cables.... but you never know.

Anyway.. pin connection info for building if1000 master or slave cables is found in an unusual place.... the back pages of mts1000 (midiizer) manuals. I believe the pin connections are also shown at the back of ats500 manuals.... but I'd have to hunt for that one too. You mentioned having a midiizer.... check the back area pages of the manual. I'm not familiar with your actual machines as the ones I synchronized were 8516's, msr24s, tsr8s, atr etc. If at least one of your machines is acc2 based, that one would be great for master.

I still have a hand drawn schematic for slave cables that Tascam faxed me when we both discovered some wiring had to be revised on the cables to work with the 8516s. This must've been around 1988 or so. I'll check when I have time to see if the pin notes match what's in the midiizer manual pages for the IF.

Reactions: Tangled in a tape

New threads

Members online

No members online now.