Tascam 48

Gustavo Fernandez

Gear owned
Tascam 48
hi guys,

My first post here, y bought a Tascam 48 in working condition, but missing the owners manual, it seems a complex machine in comparison with my Pioneer RT 909 or Teac 3340S, anyone can help?

Gustavo

Well in time I would like to have the original Manual and the rolling rack, but right now I need to understand the basic functions on this machine.

Gustavo

Hi guys,

I need your experience here, this Tascam 48 is in Colombia and very cheap $100, but the heads I hope they still has some miles in there.image.jpg

For $100 you buy it and figure it out later. I wish I could help you with the heads. They look a little flattened, but if there are no ridges you can get away with it for awhile. There is a service somewhere in the midwest that reconditions heads. I would send the heads to them. It will cost a few hundred bucks per head, but its worth it...especially if you only spent $100 on the machine.

Thanks for you reply, I won't use this machine for normal studio use, in contrary just to record a few vinyl and CDs, so the big questions,

This machine lack of output volume I guess I will need a mixer for 2 channels, what's the recommendations, I will use the other 6 tracks for the same porpoise.
I know is rare and unorthodox but that's the way I'm going to use it.

I will use the unbalance rca inputs and outputs.

So there is anyone can help about this and cheap mixer for this use??

Gustavo

I would keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist for a Tascam rolling rack. I'm not a giant fan of the one on Amazon because it doesn't go verticle. Regarding the CS607B, it looks good and is the matching rack. However, its also a finicky piece of junk. The thing just isn't solid. It works OK, but rolling it around with the deck is scary. The pins that hold the rack at an angle are weak, get stuck a lot, and break easily. The frame pieces screw together and get loose. Worse, there's no way to swap out rack rails if the threading on the rack screws gets stripped. I would look for an earlier Tascam-branded rack...much sturdier and the rack rails aren't incorporated into the frame.

Hi guys

It seems my Tascam 48 cap rolling washers are missing and make a grounding noise in FF and RW, any idea of a replacement?

Gustavo

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.