Tascam 488 MKii Static issue

PSRMusic

Gear owned
Tascam 488 MKii
Hey Guys

I recently got a 488 mkii and condition is beautiful and clean but there is this frustrating issue that i discovered when i switch it on and pressed play, When i press play i get this loud static type sound from all the outputs, Main, Monitor and Phones, It is not getting in the recording but just in the outputs, I have opened the unit up and checked all is well conected and that everythng is in place and all seems good, I have uploaded a video showing the issue in the link below, Hope someone can give a clue please, Thank you

It sounds like it could be interference from the motor. Try adjusting the pitch control while it is playing and see if the sound changes.

I have the same machine though I recently went to the DP 24 SD. My machine is in mint condition but I have never had that Issue. It sounds like it might be the cassette. Have you tried others and does it get the same noise?

Thank for replying guys, Showed it to some technitians and no one seems to understand, I tried various cassettes and it records fine cause when i played the cassette on other devices the recording is great, Might be the reading head

New threads

Members online

No members online now.