Tascam 488 MKII Wire Soldering Help

GoldenCalf

I went to change the belt on my 488 and accidentally pulled some wires off their solder points. I would easily be able to fix this but I have no idea what order they were in. As you can see in the image below the white one stayed soldered but the blue, red, and black wires - I have no idea what order to attach them. If anyone can help that would be great!

emsy9sr.jpg

Reactions: Mikevsself
Hello GC. I have the same model. I will take a picture of the wiring diagram when I get home and post it. What connector is that do you know< Or can you tell me what is next to it?

Hey Jim! Thank's for trying to help me out. The part is actually inside the tape mechanism so I'm not sure if you want to go that deep into taking your unit apart or not. Here are some more photos:

STXQh58.jpg

nMhqJTC.jpg

Here are the schematics. Hope they help. If not will try to pop mine open and see what they are connected to

picture

Hope this helps. If I get a chance will pop my cover and try to see where they connect.

Was this resolved? I have one half put back together, I’d be glad to take a picture before finishing.

I have a couple here too and could direct you but the schematics should clear it up.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.