Tascam DP-008EX and recording guitar

RecordingQs

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008EX
Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance for any advice. I'm a guitar player and I've written a few pieces that I'd like to record. I own a Tascam DP-008EX (digital 8 track recorder) and I've become pretty familiar with it. I'll be recording directly into the machine (no amp or mics.) I'm hoping to get the best sound out of it possible, but I really have no idea where to start as I know almost nothing about home recording.

The music I make is minimalist instrumental guitar. I'll be buying a new guitar, but is there anything else I can do to ensure a great sound? I like a little bit of reverb, which the Tascam already has. Which reverb pedals would you suggest? Any other pedals? Would a separate mixer be wise? Again, I don't know a whole lot, but I just hoping to pick your brains for ideas.

Thank you!!!

You have already decided, apparently, that you are going to record the guitar "directly into the machine" and yet you want "the best sound out of it possible." The method may be incompatible with the desired result. Recording is like any other science, and it begins with good data. First, you have to achieve a good guitar sound in order to record it. Do you normally play your guitar through an amp, or DI to a mixer? Do whatever you normally do to get what you consider to be a good guitar sound, and record it. If you cannot get a good sound, you must solve that problem first.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.